Minor in Microbiology
Microbiology encompasses information from a variety of majors in the biological sciences. Since Fall 2011, the College of Biological Sciences (CBS) offers a 14 credit Microbiology minor.
- To declare Microbiology as a minor, students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Both CBS and non-CBS students are able to declare this minor.
- If you have completed VBS 2032 - General Mircrobiology with Laboratory or any non-majors microbiology course at another University and would like to declare Microbiology as a minor, please email Dr. Leslie Schiff: email@example.com.
- Upper division coursework will need to be completed at the University of Minnesota.
- Transfer credits will only be accepted for the General Microbiology component of the minor.
- MICB 3301 - Biology of Microorganisms
- BIOC 3021 - Biochemistry or BIOC 4331 - Biochemistry I: Structure, Catalysis, and Metabolism in Biological Systems
Declare the Microbiology minor
To declare the Microbiology minor, please fill out the Add/Drop a CBS Minor form.